Lot 184New Zealand, 1856, Queen Victoria "Chalon Head", 2d blue on blue paper, vertical strip of three, Auckland printing, unwatermarked, margins large to in at bottom and upper left, center stamp with pre-use crease, manuscript canceled on cover to Dublin, Ireland, reverse with "Bluff Harbor, Ja 25, 1858" origin cds, carried by the European & Australian Royal Mail Service ship Simis leaving Sydney Feb 11, 1858 via Suez and Southampton with "Dublin, Ap 7, 1858" arrival backstamp, Very Fine, the vertical strip of three is the largest known during this period that had very few vertical multiples, ex-Dumas, "Emerald" and Benvie; with 1978 R.P.S.L. and 2014 Odenweller certificates. Scott No. 5. Campbell Paterson No. A2b (1).
SG No. 5 Estimate $750 - 1,000.
Bluff Harbor opened on March 1st, 1856. The office moved to Invercargill on November 20th, 1858 and reopened at Campbelltown on March 1st, 1863 when the name was changed to Bluff.